Measurement of Young modulus of Copper

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Apathetic
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


my data as below
diameter of copper wire/m 0.025 (mean)
Unstretched part = 0.285m
mass(m)/KG extension(e)/m
0.1 0
0.2 0
0.3 0
0.4 0.001
0.5 0.001
0.6 0.001
0.7 0.003
0.8 0.003
0.9 0.005
1 0.005
1.1 0.006
1.2 0.009
1.3 0.014
1.4 0.021
1.5 break

Homework Equations



I don't know how to find the exact slope and the exact pattern of the graph
am my data wrong ?

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "I don't know how to find the exact slope"? With experimental data, you can never get exact values. The best you can do is plot the data and draw a best-fit line.
 
ideasrule said:
What do you mean by "I don't know how to find the exact slope"? With experimental data, you can never get exact values. The best you can do is plot the data and draw a best-fit line.

i know but it is very difficult to draw a best fit line as the graph i draw showing two linear line
 
I see a nice-looking curve when I plot the data. Are you sure you graphed it correctly?