Is There a Specific Medicine to Slow Down Libido?

• Medical
  • Thread starter CollinsArg
  • Start date
In summary, there are medicines available to slow down the libido, but they may produce side effects. Cold showers have also been suggested as a solution. However, chemical castration using medication is not recommended. It is best to consult with a veterinarian for advice on how to address this issue with a pet.
CollinsArg
is there a special medicine to slow down the libido?
I know there are some but they produce it as a side effect.
thank you

Biology news on Phys.org
Cold showers used to work. Take one as often as necessary.

Likes CollinsArg
CollinsArg said:
thank you
What's the application?

kaymak said:
they use some med for temporary chemical castration.
however, I think it is not optional.
Welcome to the PF.

Sorry, but your reply makes no sense. Do you have a reference link you can post to describe what you are saying?

CollinsArg said:
thank you
Wait, is this about your cat? (I just saw your other thread in the Medical forum)

If so, you need to talk with a veterinarian about this, not to get advice on an Internet forum about how to medicate your cat. Thread is closed.

FAQ: Is There a Specific Medicine to Slow Down Libido?

1. What is "Medicine to Slow Down Libido"?

"Medicine to Slow Down Libido" is a term used to describe medications or treatments that are designed to decrease or suppress sexual desire and activity.

2. Who might benefit from using medicine to slow down libido?

Individuals who experience excessive or unwanted sexual desire or activity, such as those with hypersexuality or compulsive sexual behavior, may benefit from using medicine to slow down libido. Additionally, individuals who are dealing with certain medical conditions, such as prostate cancer, may also benefit from these medications.

3. How do these medicines work?

Medicines to slow down libido typically work by altering the levels of certain hormones in the body, such as testosterone or dopamine, which are involved in sexual desire and arousal. They may also affect the brain's reward and pleasure centers, which can decrease the urge for sexual activity.

4. Are there any potential side effects of using these medicines?

As with any medication, there are potential side effects associated with using medicines to slow down libido. These may include changes in mood, decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, and other physical or psychological effects. It is important to discuss potential side effects with a doctor before starting any treatment.

5. Can these medicines be used as a permanent solution?

Medicines to slow down libido are typically used as a short-term solution and are not meant to be used as a permanent solution. They may be used alongside therapy or other forms of treatment to address underlying issues that may be contributing to excessive or unwanted sexual desire.

Back