Microsoft Release the Calc.exe Source Code

In summary, Microsoft is releasing the source code for their default calculator program, Calc.exe, as part of their effort to make more software open source. The released code will most likely be an older version, and users will have the freedom to modify and distribute it under an open source license. This can lead to a better understanding of the program, potential improvements, and increased collaboration in its development. It is possible that Microsoft may continue to update the source code, but it is not guaranteed.
Physics news on Phys.org
@YoungPhysicist might be interested in this source code. It mentions that Taylor series are sometimes invoked to compute the value to aa function.

Likes YoungPhysicist
jedishrfu said:
@YoungPhysicist might be interested in this source code. It mentions that Taylor series are sometimes invoked to compute the value to aa function.
My first reply in a month.
Thanks @jedishrfu , I’ll squeeze some time out for this!

Likes jedishrfu

1. What is Calc.exe?

Calc.exe is a computer program developed by Microsoft. It is a basic calculator application that is included in all versions of the Windows operating system.

2. Why would Microsoft release the source code for Calc.exe?

Microsoft may release the source code for Calc.exe for educational or research purposes. By making the source code available, developers can study the code and learn from it, potentially improving their own programming skills.

3. Can I modify the source code for Calc.exe?

Yes, if Microsoft releases the source code under an open source license, you may be able to modify and distribute the code. However, it is important to check the specific license terms before making any modifications.

4. Will releasing the source code for Calc.exe affect its performance or security?

Releasing the source code should not affect the performance or security of Calc.exe. Microsoft likely reviewed and tested the code before releasing it to ensure it is safe for public use.

5. How can I access the source code for Calc.exe?

If Microsoft releases the source code for Calc.exe, it will likely be available on their website or through a third-party repository such as GitHub. Keep an eye out for official announcements from Microsoft regarding the release.