MIT university -- Good for both undergrad and graduate physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Peter25samaha
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
MIT University is good for taking both graduated and undergraduated physics courses ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no MIT University
MIT is an excellent school, but it is not for everyone. It's students have - and need - a high degree of independence,
 
It's a pressure cooker for undergrads. I'm not sure I would recommend it for anyone except those who combine the highest levels of intelligence with a tremendous work ethic.

In spite of a more humble innate intelligence, I survived grad school in Physics there by working very, very hard and by having worked hard and done well (learned a lot) as an undergrad at LSU.

The undergrad experience there would have destroyed me. I was nowhere near ready for it coming out of Louisiana public schools.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman