1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSc Aerospace Engineering in Cranfield UK

1. Jul 1, 2011 #1
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to know the reputation of Cranfield University in UK, specifically for their Astronautics and Space Engineering Master Program.

Is it worth to study there and what's the downside of the University (if there is any.) I tried to look for rankings and info about Cranfield's aerospace program but I can't find much. I only heard the program is ranked #3, after Imperial and Queen Mary.

Thanks a lot :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2011 #2
    There are no official rankings for universities in the UK. Some newspapers publish their own tables based on somewhat dubious data, using weightings that are unique to their own tables, but these are based only on undergraduate degrees and the only people who look at them are university applicants.

The university's reputation is going to vary depending on who you ask.

4. Jul 1, 2011 #3
    As far as I've heard/read around, Cranfield is reputable for engineering courses. Quote: "54% of all aerospace engineering postgraduates and 25% of all agricultural and environmental sciences postgraduates in the UK graduate at Cranfield", Source: ("Cranfield University 2008 Prospectus". Cranfield University. Retrieved 23 September 2008). This statistic is a few years old but I am pretty sure it hasn't changed much.

Hope this helps.

5. Jul 2, 2011 #4
    I see. Thanks a lot for the help :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook