MSc. Bilogical Sciences-BITS,Pilani

• Thread starter Dr.Brain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Msc
In summary: BITS Pilani has a great system where in every group there are different courses you can choose from. You don't have to do one course from each group. You can also choose to do a dual degree. You can also change your course to another course in the same group if you get a good grade in your first year.
Dr.Brain
Ok , my entrance exams are over,
I am getting MSc.Biological Sciences and there is flexibility in my tech skool , to do ONE ENGINEERING COURSE (CIVIL/COMPUTERS/MECH/ELECTRONICS/IT)
along with any MSc. Course .So the whole dual degree will complete in five YEARS.The syllabus for MSc. Biological Sciences:

List of Courses Under BIO (Click on the course for its description)

General Biology
Biological Chemistry
Biology Project Laboratory
Microbiology
Developmental Biology
Cell Biology
Ecology
Biophysics
Genetics
General Physiology
Cell and Tissue Culture Technology
Instrumental Methods of Analysis
Laboratory
Introduction to Bioinformatics
Genetics and Molecular Biology
Genetic Engineering
Enzymology
Reproductive Physiology
Biochemical Engineering
Bioprocess Technology
Recombinant DNA Technology
Special Projects
Population and Quantitative Genetics
Molecular Mechanism of Gene Expression
Molecular Immunology
Interferon Technology
Biostatistics and Biomodelling
Neural Network Analysis
Advanced Cell and Molecular Biology
Membrane Biology
Environmental Biotechnology
Human Genetics
Membrane and Liposome Technology
Transgenic Technology
Cell & Tissue Culture Technology
Experimental Techniques
Plant Biotechnology
Protein and Enzyme Bioengineering
Gene Toxicology
Bioconversion Technology

So what do you people recommend , should I jump into this course? I am also interested in research...I am getting this course at BITS,Pilani (No.6 institute in INDIA)

http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in

Check the website .

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Weren't you taking MET in PEC?
Sunayana.

Ohh I'd take Biophysics and Neural Network Analysis

BITS Pilani is great. If you are interested in Biological Sciences, you should go for it.

However, you have not specified other options available to you. You must select, what you think is the best available option to you.

physics4ever said:
Weren't you taking MET in PEC?
Sunayana.

I just got the news that I got selected in BITS Pilani. So not sure of joining PEC.

BJ

BITS Pilani is great...since you weren't keen on any particular branch of engineering, I think it would be a great option.
But I'm a little confused. Do you have to do CIVIL/COMPUTERS/MECH/ELECTRONICS/IT and then an M.Sc. in Biological Sciences? What do the two have to do with each other?
Sunayana.

Sunayana,

BITS Pilani has courses divided into 3 Groups:

Group A- Engg. Courses
Group B- MSc Courses
Group C- MSc.Tech Courses

BITS Pilani has an option that every Group B student can do a dual degree by taking one more course from GroupA which are the engg. courses . Assignment of branch in GroupA to Group B students will be made on the basis of their performance in first year.
Whole dual degree takes 5 years to complete.

There is one more flexibility , students enrolled in one of the MSc. courses and want to change their course to another course in the same Group can do so by getting a good CGPA in first year. That is by working hard in first year , I can get a good engg. branch as well as I can change my course from MSc. Bio-Sciences to MSc.Physics which is what I like.

First year is same for all students, whether GroupA/B/C students.In first year they teach basic phy/chem/math/bio to all students irrespective of their Group.Then on the basis of performance in forst year , Students can compete for other branches with each other.

This system ensures that even after entering BITS,Pilani , you keep competing , there's lot of hard work to be done by each students , even if someone have got the best branch, he has to fight for his branch.This is an Americn-education system.

BJ

What is MSc. Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani?

MSc. Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani is a postgraduate program that focuses on the study of living organisms and their interactions with the environment. It covers a wide range of subjects, including genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, ecology, and biotechnology.

What are the eligibility criteria for MSc. Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani?

The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in a related field of study, such as biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or microbiology. They must also have a minimum aggregate score of 60% in their undergraduate program.

What are the job prospects after completing MSc. Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani?

Graduates of this program have various career options, including research positions in academia, government organizations, and private companies. They can also pursue further studies and specializations in their field of interest.

What is the duration of the MSc. Biological Sciences program at BITS Pilani?

The MSc. Biological Sciences program at BITS Pilani is a two-year, full-time course, divided into four semesters. Each semester consists of coursework, laboratory work, and research projects.

What makes MSc. Biological Sciences at BITS Pilani unique?

The program offers a multidisciplinary approach to the study of biological sciences, with a focus on practical learning and research. The curriculum is regularly updated to keep up with the latest developments in the field and is taught by experienced faculty members and industry experts.