1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSc's degrees in Europe... (Oceanogr./Atmosp./Planet./Envir.)

1. Nov 9, 2015 #1
    Hello,

I am about to complete my BSc in Physics and I'd like to pursue a MSc in a field related to Climate or Environmental Physics.
    I'd like it to be a mainly experimental curriculum with a decent amount of simulation/data analysis and to be in a country with none to low fees for EU students (*not necessarily in Europe).
    I think I'd like anything related to oceanography, glaciology, physics of the atmosphere, planetary physics, pollution models, climate change, satellite-based earth observation.
    I'd also like to do some field trips and a research expedition as a part of the master's thesis.

I also consider as a pro the presence of policy making or economics related courses in the program or as extra-curricular activities.

Googling I found even too many programs of this kind offered, therefore I'd like a more personal advice, from alumni or anything close to first-hand experience, as too choose a good institution.

I speak English and German apart from my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2015 #2
    The Royal Society (UK) and the universities it recommends, and the Open University (for some distance-learning courses that are much more affordable than Lehigh University's; and for some campus laboratories in the summer time), before suscribing in a Msc at a university in England. The RS, whose I was a donator$, is the most credible & reputated learned society in the world. I have participated in its Internet forum in 1995 with 10 opinions. Nevertheless I beleive that late Isaac Newton and some helpers, plagiarized the german inventor of calculus.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook