Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multivariable Limits examples and sq. thm

1. Jul 17, 2013 #1
    So I'm trying to study for my calc 3 exam, but I have noticed that my book doesn't have many limit questions that use sin/cos/tan, but I know those will likely be on the test. I have tried to google but I can't find many examples that have solutions. Are there any free sites that have problems to help me practice?

Also, I can't seem to figure out when to use the squeeze theorem. In general, when do you look for it?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2013 #2
    Well, I can think of one REALLY good one that's open in your browser right now. :biggrin:

I periodically stalk the forums here looking for something fun to occupy my time.

When you recognize a function ##h## that is always greater than or equal to ##f## on an interval ##I## and a function ##g## that is always less than or equal to ##f## on the same interval, you might think about using it. The key is to get a ##g## and ##h## that have limits equal to each other at the point you want to take the limit of ##f## at in ##I##.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook