Music You're Ashamed To Admit You Like

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
75 replies · 10K views
I love Yanni.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.
 
Busted rock. Well, they did. And so do Atomic Kitten. Mmmm. And Scatman John...
 
Evo said:
I love Yanni.
How many albums you have?

Math Is Hard said:
I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.
Hmmmm...not sure if exercise music counts.

I just thought of another one: there are about 5 Duran Duran songs I really like. I picked up a few of their albums at the swap meet looking for more good ones, but was very disapointed.

brewnog said:
Busted rock. Well, they did. And so do Atomic Kitten. Mmmm. And Scatman John...
Hey, brewnog!

I've never heard of any of those, unfortunately, and can't gage their embarrassment factor.
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
I love Yanni.
Did you know Yanni eats with his fork in his left hand?
 
While I don't find any of it terribly embarassing here are a few that could be considered so...

Fiona Apple (her voice and that bluesy style is dead sexy)

Sheryl Crow (I have a thing for female singers)

Lou Bega

Digital Underground

Presidents of the United States of America

Polka Music

Metallica

Ummmmm... That's all I can think of at the moment.
 
I like but am ashamed to admit:

George Michael

Depeche Mode

Arabic pop music (cause I don't speak Arabic)

Some Gregorian chant type stuff

I might actually like Yanni if I listened to his work. That in itself is kind of scary because my middle school English teacher loved Yanni and we all thought she was a dork because of it.
 
In some circles they are stereotyped as a goth band or a band that only gay people listen to.

I don't understand what's embarassing about Depeche Mode either but they're the subject of a lot of jokes.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
Polka Music
This is pretty bad.

Metallica
Hey...Beavis...he said "metallica". heh heh heh.

CosminaPrisma said:
I like but am ashamed to admit: George Michael
This is iffy, yes.
 
Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
Did you know Yanni eats with his fork in his left hand?
AAARGGGHHH
 
zoobyshoe said:
How many albums you have?
I have several CD's, both the Child of Evo & Spawn like him. Spawn has his music downloaded on her computer
 
Who is spawn and why is her name that of a comic book character?
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
I have several CD's, both the Child of Evo & Spawn like him. Spawn has his music downloaded on her computer
OK, passing it on to the next generation is pretty darn bad. Has an X-Files plot feel about it. I'll accept that.
 
Zoob said:
TheStatutoryApe said:
Polka Music

This is pretty bad.
I don't actually own any unfortunately but a friend of mine has a CD or two and plays it in his car on occasion. Some of it is really hilarious. It's like listening to the B-52s. They're absolute crap in most respects but still fun to listen to.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I don't actually own any unfortunately but a friend of mine has a CD or two and plays it in his car on occasion. Some of it is really hilarious. It's like listening to the B-52s. They're absolute crap in most respects but still fun to listen to.
They have tons of polka albums at the swap meet. I once found one that had a number called Polka and Fugue in D on it. Sometimes I kick myself for not having bought it.
 
Math Is Hard said:
I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.

You should be ashamed to admit that.
 
I'd tell you all, but I'm too ashamed to admit it. :redface:

:biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
I'd tell you all, but I'm too ashamed to admit it. :redface:

:biggrin:
I was almost positive you had some really red-faced smiley skeletons in your closet.

C'mon. Fess up. Bobby Vinton?
 
Cummon Moonbear: The Patridge Family, maybe? :biggrin: Muskrat Love by The Captain and Tenille?
 
I think that both Moonie and MIH are probably hiding having been New Kids On The Block fans.
 
Moonbear said:
I'd tell you all, but I'm too ashamed to admit it. :redface:
I understand. I, for one, will never ever admit that I still like Abba.
 
Okay, okay, I might have been exaggerating a bit. The truth is, I have no shame. I readily admit to all the music I listen to, from Disco, to pop, to country, to heavy metal. I have a CD of Irish Drinking songs that are awful, but I keep it anyway. I've got one of harpsichord music too. I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek: And I still like the Macarena! :biggrin: :smile: I'm the first to jump up on the dance floor when it's time for the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey too, so after that, what's left to be ashamed of? :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
Okay, okay, I might have been exaggerating a bit. The truth is, I have no shame. I readily admit to all the music I listen to, from Disco, to pop, to country, to heavy metal. I have a CD of Irish Drinking songs that are awful, but I keep it anyway. I've got one of harpsichord music too. I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek: And I still like the Macarena! :biggrin: :smile: I'm the first to jump up on the dance floor when it's time for the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey too, so after that, what's left to be ashamed of? :smile:
AHA! But I see you're still hangin tough about being a NKB fan!:-p
 
Moonbear, they make CDs of Irish Drinking songs? Get outta here.
 
Moonbear said:
I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek:
More than one? You shouldn't have admitted to that.
 
GeorginaS said:
Moonbear, they make CDs of Irish Drinking songs? Get outta here.
Yeah, so if you're ever short on drunken Irishmen, I can loan you the CD. :smile:
 
recently I've found the song "hey good lookin" by hank williams? i think, stuck in my head.

i love the spice girls, but I'm not ashamed to admit that. i like a little britney and christina to go with my spice girls sometimes. also, i like aqua, especially barbie girl. but I'm a teenage girl, so i can get away with those...

actually, now that i look over everyone elses embarassing music, I've realized i like most of it... i don't know who yanni is though. but i love fiona apple and the presidents of the united states. i mean, seriously, peaches come in a can, they were put there by a man... its brilliant. i have chumbawumba on my list and crazy town, those are a little embarassing. hahaha, and cyprus hill, rock super star. i LOVE that song. i rap the whole thing. i never tell people i listen to that song, but if it comes on the radio, watch out.

ah, i found it, the most embarrassing thing on my list is probably the rocky horror soundtrack. and a few disney songs. yeah... I'm a dork.
 
Gale said:
ah, i found it, the most embarrassing thing on my list is probably the rocky horror soundtrack. and a few disney songs. yeah... I'm a dork.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or shameful about owning The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack. In fact, it's a status symbol of sorts. :approve: