Music You're Ashamed To Admit You Like

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
75 replies · 10K views
Psh, like I'd ever admit it...offline, online, no difference...lips are zipped, fingers are stilled.:-p :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gale said:
recently I've found the song "hey good lookin" by hank williams? i think, stuck in my head.
What's wrong with that? That's a good song. I like a lot of the older country singers like Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson.
 
I'm not ashamed of it, but people look at me weird when I've got my CD carousel on "shuffle" and Riders in the Sky come on, belting out a cowboy song. If you have never liked cowboy music, you need to hear these guys.

Kinda OT, but the prices on the Sony 400-CD changer have come down to around $200 so I bought one, and most of my CD collection is in it. Put it on "shuffle" and you'll never know what is coming on next. It could be Lyle Lovett, AC-DC, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Ricky Skaggs, T-Bone Walker, Vince Gill, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne, Outlaws, Allman Brothers, ZZTop, Joe Satriani, Keb Mo... It's cool to hear randomly-selected songs from many years of collecting music.

You will never hear opera, rap, or modern pop music in my house - I WOULD be ashamed of that!
 
Last edited:
konartist said:
I hate to admit it, but I love ABBA.
Not that I care, but do you like the early "Fernando" and "Waterloo," ABBA, or the post-dancing queen "Voulez-Vous" and "Mama Mia" ABBA?

Not that I know anything about that.
 
Not "ashamed", but I like Rush and pretty much everyone I talk to says they suck...
 
yomamma said:
Not "ashamed", but I like Rush and pretty much everyone I talk to says they suck...
They're right. :smile:
 
You've GOT to be kidding! Rush is freaking amazing! and i'd tell the world that!

Um, I kinda like Dancing Queen, and that terrible black eyed peas song, My Humps.

... I mean... No I don't... never even heard of them. who's Eh Bee Bee Eh ?
 
I think some of the people at my school should be ashamed for wearing Greed Day shirts. I'm one of the few that despises them...
 
Pardon me? The Legend of Tom Sawyer is an immediate channel-switch on the opening bar. I'd rather admit to listening to Ashley Simpson!

Toni Tennile was a fox, and although their show was a bit lame, some of their music was OK. I have a "best of" C&T album, and always jumped over "Muskrat Love", kinda like the Starland Music Band's "Popsicle Toes".
 
http://www.alteringtime.com/features/misc/?p=baggins
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.alteringtime.com/features/misc/?p=baggins
That was disgusting! Yeah, some of the "co-stars" were prety cute, but eye-candy can't rescue that piece of crap.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense; a work of art!

Actually, since the apparent discovery of real hobbits I find it most intriguing. I had the song long ago as part of my Dr. Demento collection but had never seen the video. And yep, no doubt Nimoy enjoyed making that one! :biggrin:
 
Dear Ivan, I believe that I can correct your typo so that we correctly read that as "Nonsense; a work o' fart!" You can thank me later.:-p
 
Count your blessings. I could have posted William Shatner's Christmas album..or perhaps even his version of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

How about Beach Baby? I have to like that song no matter how bad it is. Anyone [male] who grew up on the beaches of S. Cal would know why. :-p
 
I wind up the car windows whenever I stop at traffic lights while Simon & Garfunkel are on. It's not so much being ashamed as being unwilling to subvert the notion that guitars have to be distorted in stationary traffic. There's a time for revolution and a time for discretion.
 
yomamma said:
I think some of the people at my school should be ashamed for wearing Greed Day shirts. I'm one of the few that despises them...
You should tell them that no self respecting punk would be caught dead in a Green Day shirt.:wink: