My First Physic exam at university

In summary, the student is looking for a website that can provide help with studying for the physics exam. There are many ways to study, but the most important thing is to understand the material and do homework problems.
alperator
I'm at chemical engineering as beginner.I will have my first physics exam on 17 November and I can't decide how I should study.Exam includes these subjects:
Physics and Measurement,
Motion in one Dimension,
Vectors,
Motion in Two Dimensions,
The Laws of Motion,
Circular Motion and Other Applications of Newton's Laws,
Work and Kinetic Energy,
Potential Energy and Conservation Energy.

My Physic Book : Raymond A. Serway physics Published 2003 (ISBN 0534408559).

Is there anyone can suggest me a website for studying and problem solving about these subjects?

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES!

Physics news on Phys.org
alperator said:
I'm at chemical engineering as beginner.I will have my first physics exam on 17 November and I can't decide how I should study.Exam includes these subjects:
Physics and Measurement,
Motion in one Dimension,
Vectors,
Motion in Two Dimensions,
The Laws of Motion,
Circular Motion and Other Applications of Newton's Laws,
Work and Kinetic Energy,
Potential Energy and Conservation Energy.

My Physic Book : Raymond A. Serway physics Published 2003 (ISBN 0534408559).

Is there anyone can suggest me a website for studying and problem solving about these subjects?

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES!

There are many ways to study and generally it depends on how your class is structured. However, often times the best way is to go through the chapters and/or lecture notes and understand all derivations and concepts. It is also of equal or greater importance to understand the homework problems that were given for the chapters to be on the exam. For some this means going through each homework set multiple times. If you have time, you can work additional unassigned problems. There really is not any magical way to prepare for an exam, you should basically just understand all of the material covered up to that point.

Work as many homework problems as you can. Don't just do the easy ones. Do the ones that involve independent reasoning beyond just plugging and chugging formulas. How well you are able to do on those type of problems is directly proportional to how well you understand the material.

The best and probably easiest way to study for physics exams(like engineering type physics...not physics majors)...is by just doing as many problems as you possibly can. Work them, until you fully understand everything they could possibly throw at you. Then, if more time...try to read the chapters/notes/lectures and see if you can pick up some more "conceptual" stuff...

1. What topics will be covered on my first physics exam?

Your first physics exam at university will cover the basic concepts and principles of classical mechanics, including kinematics, dynamics, and energy. It may also include some introductory topics on thermodynamics and waves.

2. How should I prepare for my first physics exam?

To prepare for your first physics exam, start by reviewing your class notes and textbook readings. Make sure you understand the key concepts and practice solving problems. You can also review past quizzes and homework assignments to get a better sense of the types of questions that may be asked on the exam.

3. Will my first physics exam be multiple choice or include written problems?

This will depend on your professor's preference. Some exams may have a mix of multiple choice and written problems, while others may be exclusively one or the other. It's important to check with your professor or the exam instructions to know what to expect.

4. How much time will I have to complete my first physics exam?

The amount of time given for an exam varies, but typically it ranges from 1-2 hours. Your professor will communicate the specific time limit for your exam. It's important to manage your time effectively during the exam to ensure you have enough time to answer all the questions.

5. Can I use a calculator on my first physics exam?

Again, this will depend on your professor's instructions. Some exams may allow the use of a calculator, while others may not. If you are allowed to use a calculator, make sure to bring a calculator you are familiar with and know how to use properly.