Some time in the past my father took it upon himself to due a little plumbing. He decided that it was okay to use solder that contained lead to connect two pipes right near the output of the water heater. His reasoning was that we would not get lead poisoning because we could always use cold water for cooking and drinking and also because one joint would not cause all that much lead in the first place. My parents say they only use cold water for cooking, but they are careless and regularly use warm water by mistake. My other concern was showering. Shower steam would appear to be another route of possible ingestion. Does this solder pose a hazard?