My idea for a diesel-electric hybrid

  • Thread starter Thread starter TSLexi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Idea
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 5K views
Happy New Year, there is a you tube video of an axiomatic opposed engine. It runs on hydrogen. The inventor built a working model, check it out!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Looking at this I'm not sure what drives the compression stroke, and have a problem with how you will keep the fireing of your pistons in synch, the crankshaft normally performs these operations.
 
I was referring to a you tube video I saw while researching hydrogen fueled engine. As I recall it was extremely light weight, compact and powerful .
I think that the only way to usher in new technology in the auto industry is to get the oil companies on board. Perhaps subsidizing unused oil might spark their interest. Otherwise no innovation will move forward. I see that the solutions are political . We have the tech, just look up Pogue vaporizing carburetor
 
xxChrisxx said:
If such a thread were crated discussing physics, it would have been locked by the mods long ago.

Well, it certainly is getting close to that point...
 
i didn't get past the spring-mass piston system. I see nothing to keep the pistons in sync.
 
Plan on a single cylinder version to start. It is guaranteed to be an educational experience.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander