My youtube is cutting in and out.

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with playing videos on YouTube, where the audio continues but the picture freezes. The person has reformatted their computer and is using Firefox, but the issue persists. They have tried playing the video again and on another computer without any problems. Suggestions are given to disable/uninstall and reinstall the flash plugin for Firefox, clear the internet cache, and try using other browsers.
cragar
When I start to play the video, the audio will always keep going but
the picture will freeze and then start back up again.
I reformatted my computer like a week ago. So there is not a lot of stuff on it.
And I am using Firefox. Any help will be much appreciated.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What happens if you let the video play to the end and then start it up again? If it plays fine on the second pass (a replay of the cached data), it could be a bandwidth issue at youtube depending on how busy youtube's servers are, or a bandwidth issue with your internet connection.

I let a video play to the end, and then replayed it, And it still cut in an out.
And I also went to the other computer in my house that is connected to same line
as my computer through a router, and it didn't have any problems on you tube.
So is it something wrong with my computer.

Last edited:
disable/uninstall the flash plugin for firefox. then goto the adobe website and download and reinstall flash player. clear your firefox internet cache. restart firefox and try again.
if that doesn't work, then try IE and Chrome and see how it plays there

It sounds like there may be an issue with either your internet connection or the settings on your computer. First, try restarting your router and modem to see if that helps improve the connection. If the issue persists, try using a different browser or clearing the cache and cookies in Firefox. If the problem continues, it may be worth checking your computer's graphics and video settings to ensure they are optimized for streaming videos. If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to contact your internet service provider or seek technical support for your computer.

1. Why is my YouTube cutting in and out?

There can be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a weak internet connection, a problem with your device, or an issue with YouTube's servers.

2. How can I fix my YouTube from cutting in and out?

First, check your internet connection to ensure it is stable. If the problem persists, try refreshing the page or restarting your device. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different browser. If none of these solutions work, it could be an issue with YouTube's servers, and you may need to wait for it to be resolved.

3. Can my location affect my YouTube's cutting in and out?

Yes, your location can play a role in the quality of your internet connection and thus impact your YouTube experience. If you are in an area with a weak signal or poor internet infrastructure, you may experience more frequent interruptions while watching YouTube videos.

4. Why does my YouTube only cut in and out on certain videos?

This could be due to the quality of the video itself. If the video has a high resolution or is being streamed at a higher bitrate, it may require a stronger internet connection to play smoothly. If your connection is not strong enough, the video may cut in and out. You can try lowering the video quality or waiting for the video to buffer before playing.

5. How can I prevent my YouTube from cutting in and out in the future?

To avoid this issue, make sure you have a stable and strong internet connection. You can also try using an ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi for a more reliable connection. Additionally, regularly clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help improve your overall internet experience.