1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nanofabrication in the automotive industry?

1. Mar 4, 2015 #1
    Hello all,

I am a soon to be PhD graduate with experience making nanoscale size graphene and carbon nanotube devices and studying their properties. I want to continue working with and manipulating tiny things, but want to move closer to something applicable and marketable. I also love cars, motorcycles, and airplanes. For an ideal next job, I would love to combine these two things. I was hoping people with insight into the industry could give some pointers as to where I should apply to be able to use some semiconductor nanofabrication skills while contributing to the industry. What are some companies in the industry that have these types of research programs?

Thanks for any help!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2015 #2
    I am also curious what responses you get as I am interested in both the nanofabrication and automotive industries.

4. Mar 6, 2015 #3
    Semiconductor and automobiles? I guess something along the lines of sensor design/fabrication.

For the carbon nanotube stuff you could always put some in a random steel alloy and say you've nanoengineered the steel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook