National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook

In summary, Emiliano is looking for equations for a circuit he is developing, and he is asking for help from the community.
bachalor2007
Can anyone give me the link address of following book

National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook
by Martin Giles

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
i can't tell you a link. i have an old copy (from the 80's or maybe earlier) of the book. try posting this to the USENET newsgroups comp.dsp or maybe rec.audio.tech or maybe sci.electronics.design.

Thanks rbj for your information.
i will be looking for it.
And again many many thanks.

Dear dlgoff,
I have already visited Your given link.

I need a share link for this book.

Thanks for your information.

does anyone have a download link for this particular book (e.g: e-book, .pdf)

thank you.

It's a great book. My copy is from 1980 as well, and is dog-eared and hi-lited throughout. You guys may just have to cough up the $15 for a copy. I think you'll find it worth it.

i tried to find the book at a book store 2 days ago, there's no stock. it is a really old book? or does they print any new edition?

miskol said:
i tried to find the book at a book store 2 days ago, there's no stock. it is a really old book? or does they print any new edition?

It's from 1980, but the reprint link above looks like they reprinted it in 2000. The National Semiconductor website has this on their FAQ page:

National Semiconductor FAQs said:
Where can I get a copy of the 1980 National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook?
The 1980 Audio/Radio Handbook offers information on the use of audio-quality op amps in audio circuits, including preamps, tone controls, filters, power amplification, radio, and others. In this book the term "floobydust" is explained and demonstrated as being a mixed bag of topics. A reprint of this useful Handbook can be obtained through audioXpress. Note that the reprint is faithful to the original, down to the contact information for National Semiconductor - as it was in 1980. Please see the National website for current contact information.

Also see National''s Audio Products home page for information about current audio technologies, products, and design tools.

So it looks like the reprint option is your best bet.

Hi everyone!
I am really needing that book because the proyect that I am developing includes an eq explained in that book (a gyrator with 2 capacitors using the lm 833).
I am from Uruguay, and here that book isn't sold, and as i am under 18 (im a electronic student) i don't have a credit card to buy it online :(.
So if someone could scan the chapter or send me the formulas of the circuit or something, I am really in need .
Thank you all.
Emiliano

<< e-mail address removed by Mentors >>

Welcome to PF metricaez. My old National Audio Handbook doesn't include any application notes for the LM833 but you can download the PDF notes with the equations I think you are looking from here:
http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-346.pdf"

Regards

1. What is the purpose of the "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook"?

The "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook" is a reference guide designed for engineers and hobbyists who are interested in audio and radio technology. It provides detailed information on various electronic components, circuit design, and troubleshooting techniques.

2. Who is the target audience for the "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook"?

The target audience for this handbook includes engineers, technicians, and hobbyists who have a basic understanding of electronic principles and are interested in audio and radio technology.

3. What topics are covered in the "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook"?

The handbook covers a wide range of topics, including audio amplifiers, signal processing, power supplies, radio receivers, and communication systems. It also includes information on new technologies and emerging trends in the audio and radio industry.

4. Is the information in the "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook" up to date?

Yes, the handbook is regularly updated to reflect the latest advancements in audio and radio technology. It also includes information on the latest products from National Semiconductor and their applications.

5. Can the "National Semiconductor Audio/Radio Handbook" be used as a textbook?

While the handbook is not specifically designed as a textbook, it can be used as a reference guide for students studying audio and radio technology. It provides detailed information and practical examples that can supplement classroom learning.