Semiconductor cross referance book

In summary, the conversation is about finding a semiconductor cross reference book, specifically for part numbers and diode and transistor parameters. The person asking is looking for a paper book, not a website link, and is aware that paper references are almost non-existent now due to the constant addition of new parts. Another person mentions that SMD components are marked with a code, not a part number, and that there is no index of manufacturer codes available. They suggest using Google to find and download PDFs for offline use.
thankz
I'm looking to buy a semiconductor cross reference book, for part numbers and diode and transistor parameters, including new smt parts. I had an old sgs Thomson book but it got lost in a move, if anyone could recommend me one that would be great.

I don't want a link to a website cross reference, I need a paper book.

tia

Engineering news on Phys.org
almost non-existent these days, once upon a time when there were far fewer devices, books were practical
now days with so many new parts being added all the time any paper reference would be out of date before it even gets printed

Dave

SMD components are marked with a 2 or 3 symbol product code, it is not a part number. The code is not the same between different manufacturers of the same device. There is no index of manufacturers codes available.

You will find more than half the devices you encounter will have data only on the web.

Google ' semiconductor cross reference .pdf ' then download some files for use off-line.

thanks for the info guys, will look for those pdfs.

I understand the importance of having reliable and comprehensive resources for research and reference purposes. A semiconductor cross reference book is a valuable tool for anyone working with electronic components, as it provides detailed information on part numbers and parameters for diodes and transistors.

In your case, it seems like you are specifically looking for a physical book rather than an online reference. I would recommend checking out the "Semiconductor Cross Reference Book" by Jerry C. Whitaker. This book is widely recognized as a reliable and comprehensive resource for semiconductor cross referencing, and it includes information on new surface-mount technology (SMT) parts as well.

I understand that you had an old SGS Thomson book that you found useful, but unfortunately lost in a move. I believe the "Semiconductor Cross Reference Book" would be a suitable replacement for your needs. I hope this recommendation helps you in your search for a reliable cross reference book. Best of luck in your research!

FAQ: Semiconductor cross referance book

What is a Semiconductor Cross Reference Book?

A Semiconductor Cross Reference Book is a reference guide that contains information about various semiconductor components, such as diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. It provides a comprehensive list of part numbers and their corresponding specifications from different manufacturers.

Why is a Semiconductor Cross Reference Book important?

A Semiconductor Cross Reference Book is important because it allows engineers and technicians to easily find alternative parts for their projects or repairs. This saves time and effort in searching for compatible components and helps avoid delays in production or repairs.

How often is a Semiconductor Cross Reference Book updated?

A Semiconductor Cross Reference Book is typically updated every few years as new components and manufacturers enter the market. However, some reference books may have more frequent updates to stay current with the rapidly changing semiconductor industry.

Can a Semiconductor Cross Reference Book be used for all types of semiconductors?

Yes, a Semiconductor Cross Reference Book can be used for all types of semiconductors, including diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. It may also include information on other components such as capacitors and resistors.

Are there digital versions of Semiconductor Cross Reference Books available?

Yes, there are digital versions of Semiconductor Cross Reference Books available, such as online databases or downloadable PDF files. These versions may offer additional features such as search functions and frequent updates.