Natural Frequency: Homework Statement

• Thread starter buxZED
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Natural
In summary, the conversation involves a request for suggestions on articles to read before attempting a specific question. The advice given is to first calculate the angles of the object and then understand how the spring and mass move. The person asking for help also expresses a lack of knowledge and asks for worked out examples.
buxZED

Homework Statement

[PLAIN]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/553/unled0016.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

can you sujjest me some articals to read (what knowladge do i need) before attemptiong this question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you want to read articles ?
First you should calculate the angles of the object, then try to understand how the spring and the mass move.

Quinzio said:
Why do you want to read articles ?
First you should calculate the angles of the object, then try to understand how the spring and the mass move.

as i have no idea how to do that, i would appreciate if some 1 can point me towered some worked out examples

Related to Natural Frequency: Homework Statement

1. What is natural frequency?

Natural frequency refers to the frequency at which an object or system vibrates or oscillates without any external force or disturbance acting upon it.

2. How is natural frequency calculated?

The natural frequency of an object or system can be calculated using the formula f = 1/(2π√(k/m)), where f is the natural frequency, k is the spring constant, and m is the mass of the object.

3. What factors affect the natural frequency of an object?

The natural frequency of an object is affected by its mass, stiffness, and damping. Objects with higher mass and stiffness will have a lower natural frequency, while those with higher damping will have a higher natural frequency.

4. Why is natural frequency important?

Natural frequency is important in various fields, such as engineering, physics, and mathematics, as it helps in understanding the behavior and stability of systems. It is also used in designing and analyzing structures and machinery to prevent resonance and potential damage.

5. How can natural frequency be altered?

The natural frequency of an object can be altered by changing its mass, stiffness, or damping. For example, adding weight to an object will decrease its natural frequency, while increasing stiffness will increase it. Damping can also be adjusted to alter the natural frequency of a system.