Need a good book after Resnick-Halliday.

• Thread starter nomad19095
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, after completing Resnick-Halliday, it is recommended to read a book within the same subject area that builds upon the concepts covered. Some popular suggestions include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Classical Mechanics" by Goldstein, and "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Feynman. If you struggled with certain concepts, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker may provide more clarification. For practical applications, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett, "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by Griffiths, and "Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach" by Cengel and Boles are recommended. If you want to
nomad19095
Hello all, I've just finished both Resnick-Halliday and Sears-Zemansky. I need a good book to go forward from here. How is Kleppner-Kolenkow after this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Its good book, yes. I would also recommend "Classical Mechanics" by John Taylor

1. What kind of book should I read after completing Resnick-Halliday?

After finishing Resnick-Halliday, it would be beneficial to read a book that builds upon the concepts and theories covered in that textbook. Look for books within the same subject area, such as physics or engineering, that delve deeper into specific topics or provide real-world applications of the concepts.

2. Can you recommend a good book that complements Resnick-Halliday?

Some popular books that complement Resnick-Halliday include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Classical Mechanics" by Goldstein, and "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Feynman. These books cover similar topics and provide a more advanced understanding of the subject matter.

3. I struggled with certain concepts in Resnick-Halliday. Are there any books that can help clarify them?

If you had difficulty understanding certain concepts in Resnick-Halliday, it may be helpful to read "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker. This textbook provides a more detailed explanation of the fundamental principles and includes additional practice problems to help solidify your understanding.

4. Are there any books that provide practical examples and applications of the theories in Resnick-Halliday?

Yes, there are several books that focus on the applications of the concepts covered in Resnick-Halliday. Some examples include "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett, "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by Griffiths, and "Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach" by Cengel and Boles.

5. I finished Resnick-Halliday and want to explore other areas of physics. Any book recommendations?

If you are interested in exploring other areas of physics, some popular books to consider are "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Alastair Rae, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. These books cover a range of topics from quantum mechanics to cosmology and can provide a broader understanding of the field of physics.