Need a good book on the theories of Calculus

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 5K views
sEsposito
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Okay, so I've gone through calc I - III with Stewart's Calculus... I'm happy with the book for the most part, but I want a bit more theory now. I don't care what type of book, it could be like a pop-sci book for all I care, I just want to read about the theories behind the calculus without going broke. I've been recommended Spivak's book already but I can't afford a copy for another couple of weeks and wanted to see if anyone had any cheaper suggestions...Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm referring to both volumes. Try looking around on other website because the book is hard to find, but well worth it.
 
I'll look into it. Thank you for the recommendation.
 
I'm going through Tom Apostol's Calculus volume 1 by myself and it's very rigorous and theory based. It really fills in all the mathematical whys behind Stewart's Book.

You can find a used book for cheap or download a torrent of the book (there are many out there).
 
Solution: Internet!

There are so much elementary analysis sources on the web that an actual text is unnecessary.

Example: http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~wchen/ln.html

A google search on "real analysis pdf" should be sufficient