A Book Similar to Halliday/Resnick Part 2.

  • Thread starter Thread starter eliya
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
eliya
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Next quarter I'm going to take an intro course in Heat, Sound, and Light. That the actual course description unfortunately. We're not using Halliday and Resnick but https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471370991/?tag=pfamazon01-20, which is based on Halliday and Resnick and is a lot like it. The chapters are almost all in the same order, the explanations are mostly the same, and so are the problems.
I find both books to be cumbersome and hard to understand sometimes. In the previous quarter there were a few chapters I barely understood just from reading and needed the professor's guidance (I know that might still be the case even with a good book). I was wondering what book out there is covering the same material (or even more), but with better explanations.

Thank you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Halliday and Resnick is a very standard text, and it's been around forever. You probably won't find a book which is "better". You could try Serway and Jewett. I used it as a Freshman and didn't have any problem with it.