Need a little push. [Simple Physics Problems]

In summary, the problem involves a car starting from rest and increasing its speed at a rate of 0.7 m/s2 on a circular track with a radius of 253 m. The question asks for the magnitude of the car's net acceleration after 50 s. Using the equations for centripetal acceleration and angular velocity, the attempt at a solution involves finding the tangential velocity and angular velocity, and then using them to calculate the tangential acceleration. The correct answer is found to be approximately 0.74 m/s2.
Emilyneedshelp

Homework Statement

Question
A car starts from rest and uniformly increases its speed at a rate of 0.7 m/s2 on a circular track of radius R = 253 m. What is the magnitude of the car’s net acceleration after 50 s?

acen=.7m/s^2
t=50s
R=253m

Homework Equations

Equations
acen=(v^2)/r
Maybe?
ω=Δθ/Δt
a=r(Δω/Δt)

The Attempt at a Solution

√[aT^2 + aC^2]

aC=.7m/s^2
aT= r(dω/dt)√[.7(253)]=v
v=13.308m/s

v(50s)=S
S=665.4

S/r=θ
θ=2.63rad

ω=(2.63rad/50s)
ω/50=α

α=.001052rad/s^2
α(253)=aT

aT=.26616
a=√[aT^2 + aC^2]
a=.74489m/s^2

Answer is not correct, is there something wrong with my logic?

Physics news on Phys.org
The given acceleration is how fast the cars speedometer is changing. (I.e.the change in the magnitude of the tangential velocity with time).
Not acen as you've used it.

Likes Emilyneedshelp
Thank you, I solved it. How silly of me not to realize that.

1. How do I calculate force?

Force can be calculated using the formula F=ma, where F is force, m is mass, and a is acceleration. Make sure to use the correct units for each variable.

2. What is the difference between mass and weight?

Mass refers to the amount of matter in an object, while weight refers to the force exerted on an object by gravity. Mass is measured in kilograms, while weight is measured in newtons.

3. How do I calculate acceleration?

Acceleration can be calculated using the formula a=(vf-vi)/t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time. Again, make sure to use the correct units for each variable.

4. What is the relationship between force and motion?

According to Newton's second law of motion, force is directly proportional to mass and acceleration. This means that a greater force will result in a greater acceleration, and a greater mass will require a greater force to achieve the same acceleration.

5. How can I apply these simple physics principles in everyday life?

Understanding basic physics principles can help you make informed decisions in various situations, such as calculating the force required to move an object, understanding the effects of gravity on your weight, or predicting the motion of an object. These principles are also used in many technological advancements, from designing bridges and buildings to creating new forms of transportation.