Need a relation or equation....

• Thread starter Great Warrior
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relation
In summary, the equation for relating the number of turns of the primary and secondary coils to the temperature increase caused by eddy currents is not known. However, if the goal is to utilize eddy current losses for heating purposes, the heating frequency is more important than the number of turns. Further research on induction furnaces with a small number of turns may provide more information on this topic.
Great Warrior
I need a equation relating no. of turns of primary+ secondary, temperature increased due to eddy currents.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Great Warrior said:
I need a equation relating no. of turns of primary+ secondary, temperature increased due to eddy currents.

Welcome to the PF.

What reading have you done so far about transformers and eddy current losses? Can you post some links to your reading, and ask specific questions about the material in that reading? :smile:

Are you asking, "If I double the number of primary turns, how much does the eddy current rise?" (And the answer is, I don't know.)

Search Steinmetz equation magnetic losses

No what if I want to utilize eddy current losses to have heating effect(inductive heating) so the relation for those parameters..

Great Warrior said:
No what if I want to utilize eddy current losses to have heating effect(inductive heating) so the relation for those parameters..
For heating frequency is more important than the number of turns. I've seen induction furnaces with less than ½ a dozen turns.

Likes Great Warrior

What is a relation or equation?

A relation or equation is a mathematical representation of the relationship between two or more variables. It is used to describe and predict the behavior of these variables.

Why is it important to establish a relation or equation?

Establishing a relation or equation allows us to understand and analyze complex systems and phenomena. It helps us make predictions and solve problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and more.

What are the different types of relations or equations?

There are various types of relations and equations, such as linear, quadratic, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric. Each type has its own unique properties and is used to model different types of relationships.

How do you determine the equation or relation for a given set of data?

In order to determine the equation or relation for a given set of data, you can plot the data points on a graph and look for patterns or trends. Then, based on these patterns, you can choose an appropriate equation or relation that best fits the data.

Can a relation or equation accurately predict real-world phenomena?

While a relation or equation can provide us with valuable insights and predictions, it is important to note that it is a simplification of real-world phenomena. Therefore, it may not always accurately predict the behavior of a system, especially in complex and unpredictable situations.