Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help electrical properties of concrete

1. Feb 26, 2006 #1
    dear engineers
    i have to complete a project within next 10 days about electromagnetic waves and i need some information about the electrical properties of concrete and how can it affect on waves when trying to penetrate it ( i need the permittivitty and permeability of concrete and others needed )
    i am waiting
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Hmmm. It might be easiest to just measure the permittivity and permeability, if you have access to an impedance analyzer for the frequencies of interest. I believe that concrete is just non-conducting rock for the most part. However, one dominant effect will be the presence of the metal rebar reinforcements inside any practical concrete structure. The spacings of the metal rebar lattice will have the most effect on an EM wave trying to get through a concrete structure or slab. What kinds of concrete things are you trying to get EM waves through? What frequencies are we talking about?

4. Feb 27, 2006 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Frankly, "I am waiting" doesn't inspire a desire to help you. A quick Google finds quite a bit of info on this...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?