Need help for my final project- ISD chips

In summary, the project involves using 10 input buttons to produce different audio message outputs using ISD2590P chips. These chips can record up to 90 seconds of audio and the recording will start from a specified address. The audio files will then be extracted using a PIC and played back through the input buttons. The concern is whether the audio will play until the end of the whole recorded message or only until the internal End Of Message (EOM) marker. The suggestion is to build and test with a 90-second message and see if the chip allows outside control of timing.
TheCresent
For this project, I need about 10 input as buttons and each input produce different output. Its output is the playback of audio message which is being record in the ISD Chip.

I plan to use ISD2590P chips which will be able to record of about 90second only, which is more enought for me. I will record the audio message by using addressable which mean record start from the specified address. After the audio messages have been recored, I plan to use PIC to set the port of it as the input which are the buttons and extract the audio file of the specified address from the ISD chips.

Do you guys think this will success? The only thing I worry about is that the audio messsage playback at the specified address will play till the end of the whole recorded message? do u think will or it will only play till end of the internal End Of Message (EOM) marker which mean a portion of the audio message??

Engineering news on Phys.org
i used to have some of those when radio shack sold them.

build it and record a 90 second message, keep just a8 high and see if the chip allows outside control of timing, this data sheet :yuck:

1. What are ISD chips?

ISD (Instant Sound Device) chips are specialized integrated circuits that are used to store and play back audio files. They are commonly used in electronic devices such as toys, greeting cards, and sound recorders.

2. How do ISD chips work?

ISD chips contain a non-volatile memory, which means that the audio files stored in them will not be erased even when the power is turned off. When a specific trigger is activated (such as a button press), the chip will retrieve the audio file from its memory and play it through a speaker or headphones.

3. What is the purpose of using ISD chips in a final project?

ISD chips can add an interactive and engaging element to a final project by allowing users to trigger and listen to audio recordings. They can also be used to store and play back instructional or informational messages in a project.

4. Are there different types of ISD chips available?

Yes, there are several types of ISD chips available with different memory capacities, playback duration, and recording capabilities. Some chips also have additional features such as adjustable playback speed and volume control.

5. How can I incorporate ISD chips into my final project?

ISD chips can be easily integrated into a final project by connecting them to a power source, a trigger mechanism (such as a button or sensor), and a speaker or headphones. The recorded audio files can be uploaded to the chip using a computer and a specialized programming software.