Need help in finding formula please.

• Thread starter NUMB_NUTS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of knowing and understanding the formula for finding a specific quantity before attempting to solve a problem. It also suggests ways to determine which formula to use, such as identifying known and unknown quantities and thinking about the necessary mathematical operations. It is not possible to find a formula using a calculator, as calculators are used to perform calculations using given formulas. While it is helpful to have a basic understanding of common formulas, it is not necessary to memorize all of them. If unable to find a formula for a problem, it is suggested to break it down into smaller parts or seek help from a teacher or colleague.
Physics news on Phys.org
wtf? you're not even willing to type in the question?
I suppose we're to trust that this MS-file has no maliscious macros?

read the sticky thread at the top of the list of questions ...

Hello,

I am happy to assist you in finding a formula. Can you please provide more information about what you are trying to calculate? Knowing the context and variables involved will help me provide an accurate formula for your needs. Thank you.

1. What is the formula for finding a specific quantity?

The formula you need will depend on the specific quantity you are trying to find. For example, if you are looking for the area of a square, the formula would be A = s^2, where s is the length of one side. It's important to know the formula for the quantity you are trying to find before attempting to solve the problem.

2. How do I know which formula to use?

The best way to determine which formula to use is to carefully read the problem and identify the known and unknown quantities. Then, think about what mathematical operation(s) would be needed to solve for the unknown quantity. This will help you narrow down the possible formulas to use.

3. Can I use a calculator to find the formula?

No, calculators do not provide formulas. They are used to perform calculations using given formulas. It's important to understand the underlying concepts and formulas in order to effectively use a calculator to solve problems.

4. Do I need to memorize all formulas?

While it is helpful to have a basic understanding of common formulas, it is not necessary to memorize all of them. Many formulas can be derived from basic principles and can be easily found in textbooks or online resources.

5. What should I do if I can't find a formula for my problem?

If you are unable to find a formula for your problem, try breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Often, a complex problem can be solved by combining multiple simpler formulas. You can also seek help from a teacher or colleague, or do some research to see if there are any relevant formulas that may apply to your problem.