1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with typing equations into MS Word!

1. Sep 18, 2006 #1
    I am not sure if I have posted this in the right thread, feel free to move it to appropriate spot.

But here is the question:

I need to hand in a physics project that needs a good amount of equations stuffed into it. Now I have to options. Write them or type them. Writing will ruin the whole thing (not mentioning it's not permitted in a formal project) and typing equations and expressions with MS Word is a PAIN!

Does any of you guys out there have a fast, free, and easy-to-use software that you are using since most of you deal with this sort of stuff?!

I googled this for an hour and the best solution was Rapid-Pi...a VERY nifty software that has a trial period of 60 days :frown:

Also I like this LaTeX thing in here...but I can't find an "offline" version of it...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2006 #2

danago

Gold Member

4. Sep 18, 2006 #3
    But isn't that another trial?!

5. Sep 18, 2006 #4

danago

Gold Member

Texaide is a free version. That site also has mathType, which is more powerful, but not free.

6. Sep 18, 2006 #5
    Use the in-built equation editor for MS Word, it served me well enough.

To access it:

Insert > Object...

Select> Microsoft Equation 3.0

You can set up a shortcut for this in the customisation menu of Word so its easier in future.

You can do most things with it, hope its enough :)

7. Sep 18, 2006 #6
    Well what do you know!

I read the fine print for mathtype:

Sweet!

Also I checked out the Equation Editor...cool!

thanks guys I knew I would get something from you guys!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?