Gold Member
Naa, you guys wont figure out how to do it either :P

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Naa, you guys wont figure out how to do it either :P

How hard can it be?!

Just some massive polystyrene floats, some girders, balsa wood, tarmac, a few light bulbs, some cable, and a couple of thousand rolls of gaffer tape!

Pengwuino
Gold Member
brewnog said:
How hard can it be?!

Just some massive polystyrene floats, some girders, balsa wood, tarmac, a few light bulbs, some cable, and a couple of thousand rolls of gaffer tape!
hmm... your right... hell im gonna go build an international airport on my roof :D

In 1995, Kansai Airport was struck by the Kobe earthquake, which was centered just 20 km away and killed 6,433 people on the mainland. The airport, however, emerged unscathed, mostly due to the use of sliding joints in its construction. Even the glass in the windows stayed intact. Later, in 1998, the airport survived a typhoon with wind speeds of up to 200 km/h.
:rofl: now that's cool. It's safer than real land!

Narita is more coolest than Kansai.

Argentum Vulpes
The biggest problem most carriers will have with using the A380 is the massive weight of the airplane. Most airports will have to rebuild there runways and any tunnels or roadways that pass under them. Also the A380 has a much larger wake disturbance pattern and dispersal time compared to a 747. This can create possible jams and delays in larger more congested hubs. Also Airbuss will have to make some changes to the flight control systems to get FAA approval. So if you want to ride on a A380 you will need to goto Europe or Asia. I think the future of air travel is in the smaller, faster, lighter, and cheaper to fly airplanes that is in the direction Boeing is going.

give me a hit to Chitose :wink:

Argentum Vulpes said:
The biggest problem most carriers will have with using the A380 is the massive weight of the airplane. Most airports will have to rebuild there runways and any tunnels or roadways that pass under them. Also the A380 has a much larger wake disturbance pattern and dispersal time compared to a 747. This can create possible jams and delays in larger more congested hubs. Also Airbuss will have to make some changes to the flight control systems to get FAA approval. So if you want to ride on a A380 you will need to goto Europe or Asia. I think the future of air travel is in the smaller, faster, lighter, and cheaper to fly airplanes that is in the direction Boeing is going.
u need to turn on that kidn of panel anytime u need it as advertisement or thereaint gonna be meaningfull flights, i guess.

advice for u, if u need to fly fast, effieciently, u must get boeing tickets.

good luck if u have any journey to go...

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Argentum Vulpes said:
I think the future of air travel is in the smaller, faster, lighter, and cheaper to fly airplanes that is in the direction Boeing is going.
Yah, at some point some environmentalist is going to say this new airplane "Is the flying SUV! Its evil! It takes up so much gas!" and whether or not its true, it'll be a disaster for airbus (especially if it happens sooner or later).

I've always wondered how people are going to make aircraft "environmentally friendly". People wont rest until gas is no longer used but it seems like the only things we possess that keep huge masses in the air at 550mph is gas (at least the only closely economical thing we have)

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
brewnog said:
You guys are a step ahead. It took the Japanese years to figure out the balsa wood part.