App for taking voice notes and To-Do list items?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a smartphone app that can quickly take voice notes for To-Do lists. The current app being used, ColorNote, is not user-friendly for this purpose and lacks a voice interface. The desired app should have a quick entry feature and the ability to organize notes into different lists. Notability and Evernote are suggested as potential options, with Notability having the ability to tie voice recordings to written notes. It is noted that Evernote may have similar features, but the speaker is currently using an Android phone. Other suggested apps include AudioNote and EVERNOTE.
berkeman
Mentor
I'd like to find a smatphone App for taking quick voice notes for To-Do lists. I have the App ColorNote on my phone right now, but it's awkward to use for taking notes and To-Do lists, and it doesn't seem to have a voice interface.

What I'd like to be able to do is use a quick click on my phone when I remember something that I want to do, and use voice entry to get it into my phone. Then later when I have time, I'd like to be able to drag and drop that note into whichever list applies. I usually have about 10 To-Do lists for work and 6-10 To-Do lists for personal tasks going at once.

I lose way too many tasks before I can write them down on a Post-It Note, and I'd like to be able to use my phone to help me fix this. Any good Apps that you know? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Notability can do this. It ties the voice recording to what you scribble on the tablet. As you're listening you could just draw a line for an action item and then after the talk go back tap the line to hear what was said and then fill in the space after the line with more textual information.

This assumes you have an iPhone or iPad.

I'm sure Android and/or Samsung must have something similar for their phone platform. It seems that Evernote has this feature. Here are some others

http://luminantsoftware.com/iphone/audionote.html

http://lifehacker.com/5879500/the-best-voice-recording-app-for-android

Likes berkeman
I should have said -- I just have an Android phone for this ATM...

Check out EVERNOTE. I'm not sure it does all you want, it's been awhile since I played with it, but I think so.

Likes berkeman

1. What is the purpose of this app?

The purpose of this app is to provide a convenient and efficient way for users to take voice notes and create to-do list items on their mobile devices. It allows users to quickly record their thoughts and tasks without having to type them out.

2. Is the app free to download?

Yes, the app is free to download on both iOS and Android devices. However, some advanced features may require a paid subscription.

3. Can I organize my notes and to-do list items in the app?

Yes, the app allows users to organize their notes and to-do list items into different categories or folders. This makes it easier to keep track of different tasks and stay organized.

4. Can I share my notes and to-do list items with others?

Yes, the app has a feature that allows users to share their notes and to-do list items with others via email, messaging, or other apps. This is useful for collaborating with others or sharing important information.

5. Is the app user-friendly and easy to use?

Yes, the app is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. It has a simple and clean interface, making it easy for users to navigate and use the app without any prior technical knowledge.