Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

App for taking voice notes and To-Do list items?

1. Mar 30, 2017 #1

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'd like to find a smatphone App for taking quick voice notes for To-Do lists. I have the App ColorNote on my phone right now, but it's awkward to use for taking notes and To-Do lists, and it doesn't seem to have a voice interface.

What I'd like to be able to do is use a quick click on my phone when I remember something that I want to do, and use voice entry to get it into my phone. Then later when I have time, I'd like to be able to drag and drop that note into whichever list applies. I usually have about 10 To-Do lists for work and 6-10 To-Do lists for personal tasks going at once.

I lose way too many tasks before I can write them down on a Post-It Note, and I'd like to be able to use my phone to help me fix this. Any good Apps that you know? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Notability can do this. It ties the voice recording to what you scribble on the tablet. As you're listening you could just draw a line for an action item and then after the talk go back tap the line to hear what was said and then fill in the space after the line with more textual information.

This assumes you have an iPhone or iPad.

I'm sure Android and/or Samsung must have something similar for their phone platform. It seems that Evernote has this feature. Here are some others

http://luminantsoftware.com/iphone/audionote.html

http://lifehacker.com/5879500/the-best-voice-recording-app-for-android

4. Mar 30, 2017 #3

berkeman

I should have said -- I just have an Android phone for this ATM...

5. Mar 31, 2017 #4
    Check out EVERNOTE. I'm not sure it does all you want, it's been awhile since I played with it, but I think so.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted