Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Old Boy

1. Jul 14, 2016 #1
    Hello Everyone,
    I am over 60 (yes, there still is life there), and have a lifelong interest in Physics.
    As one of my teachers used to say, "Physics is Fun!"
    These days i am playing around with raspberry pi computers, using the camera module as a video doorbell, and in the process learning bits of Python.
    Regards
    JohnBM

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

4. Jul 14, 2016 #3
    Thanks jedishrfu,
    Where should i post a question about the design of a Helmholtz coil? I have solved the equations but get an unlikely answer. Could be maths mistakes or misunderstanding the necessary steps. Or just being an idiot.
    Electrical Engineering i thought?

5. Jul 14, 2016 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Try Introductory Physics Homework forum as your question is very similar to an actual homework question.

You'll be given the option to fill in a homework template where you state the problem and its parameters, the equations and you work. The work part is the key part where mentors will review what you did and suggest fixes etc...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted