Newtonian Mechanics : Rectillinear Motion of a Particle

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Fia Ismi Nur Alfiah
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the velocity ± and the position x as functions of the time t for a particle of mass m, which starts from rest at x =0 and t =0, subject to the following force functions:
(a) Fx = F0 + Ct
(b) Fx = F0 sin Ct Ct
(c) Fx = F0e^ct
where F0 and c are positive constants.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-03-24 at 4.59.31 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-24 at 4.59.31 PM.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 795
Physics news on Phys.org
You cannot integrate t with respect to x until you know what t is as a function of x.
I am not sure why you want to integrate wrt x anyway. What else can you do?
By the way, your typed notation is a bit confusing. You mean Fx=F0+Ct. I.e. F subscript x, not F times x.
 
haruspex said:
You cannot integrate t with respect to x until you know what t is as a function of x.
I am not sure why you want to integrate wrt x anyway. What else can you do?
By the way, your typed notation is a bit confusing. You mean Fx=F0+Ct. I.e. F subscript x, not F times x.
I have checked my homework, how about my answer here?
1521932852937.jpg
 
Attachments
  • 1521932852937.jpg
    1521932852937.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 650
You made a mistake in the final step in both a and b.
(In post #1 for part b you specified the force as F0sin Ct Ct. i assume the second Ct was a typo.)