Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I No Boundary proposal

1. Sep 24, 2016 #1
    Any good places to go to get a better layman understanding of the no boundary proposal other than Hawkings books? Id like to see what criticisms there are of the model, how has it evolved over time and is there any chance for experimental probes of it.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2016 #2

haushofer

Science Advisor

Maybe Penrose's "The road to reality"? I also find it hard to find comprehensible outlines of the model, but I can see that about a lot of topics in quantum cosmology :P

4. Sep 24, 2016 #3
    Thanks Ill have a look at that, but thats not an easy book to follow either!

5. Oct 11, 2016 #4

haushofer

Science Advisor

I've looked extensively for a decent explanation of it, but it remains hard because quantum cosmology is very technical and there are a lot of unresolved mathematical issues with it. I'm trying to sum it all up for myself, so if I have a decent conceptual understanding I'll come back ;)

6. Oct 16, 2016 #5

haushofer

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted