No dial tone when Dish Satellite router installed

In summary, the issue of no dial tone when installing a Dish Satellite router can be caused by a faulty installation, damaged cables, or compatibility issues. To troubleshoot, check all connections, reset the router and modem, and contact the service provider if needed. A Dish Satellite router can interfere with the phone line, but it is not common and can be resolved by troubleshooting. Depending on the cause of the issue, it may be possible to fix it without calling a technician, but professional assistance may be necessary in more complex cases. A damaged phone line can also be a culprit for no dial tone and should be checked and repaired if needed.
madalex
I recently installed a router for Dish Satellite and it seems to have caused a failure to telephone lines. The DSL line stills works I have outside phone connection from the telephone connection point but no phones work on the inside of the house. I am using a hand telephone that is working. I have tried removing all telephones and then reconnecting but no avail. Telephone company says problem is inside of the house. I believe it had something to do with electrical router I had hooked up. It is disconnected. Help!

Computer science news on Phys.org
madalex said:
I recently installed a router for Dish Satellite and it seems to have caused a failure to telephone lines. The DSL line stills works I have outside phone connection from the telephone connection point but no phones work on the inside of the house. I am using a hand telephone that is working. I have tried removing all telephones and then reconnecting but no avail. Telephone company says problem is inside of the house. I believe it had something to do with electrical router I had hooked up. It is disconnected. Help!

Maybe this thread will help?
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=104132

1. What could be causing the issue of no dial tone when installing a Dish Satellite router?

There could be several reasons for this issue, such as a faulty installation, damaged cables, or compatibility issues between the router and your phone line. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the specific cause before attempting to fix the problem.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue of no dial tone after installing a Dish Satellite router?

First, check all the connections and make sure they are secure. Then, try resetting the router and modem by unplugging them for a few minutes and plugging them back in. If the issue persists, contact your service provider for further assistance.

3. Can a Dish Satellite router interfere with the phone line and cause no dial tone?

It is possible for a Dish Satellite router to interfere with the phone line, especially if it is not properly installed or if there are compatibility issues. However, this is not a common occurrence and can usually be resolved by troubleshooting the connection.

4. Is there a way to fix the issue of no dial tone without calling a technician?

If the issue is due to a faulty installation or loose connections, it can often be fixed without the need for a technician. However, if the problem is more complex, it may be best to contact your service provider or a professional technician for assistance.

5. Can a damaged phone line cause the issue of no dial tone when installing a Dish Satellite router?

Yes, a damaged phone line can cause issues with the connection and result in no dial tone. It is important to check the condition of your phone line and have it repaired or replaced if necessary.