1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Non-slip condition for inviscid fluids

1. Apr 26, 2016 #1
    Hi, I would like to ask that whether or not ## non-slip condition## is valid for inviscid fluids. We know that inviscid fluids there is no friciton. If there is no friction in the inner surface of pipe (I do not name its technical name) so it seems that there cannot be the non-slip condition. This confuses me. Would someone like to explain it?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2016 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No it is not valid.

4. Apr 26, 2016 #3
    If there is no friction, why has to be a non-slip condition, what will create non-slip condition if there is no fricition?

Thank you.

5. Apr 26, 2016 #4
    And I have did: number sign non-slip condition number sign but "condition" joined to "slip" in my first post in this thread. what was wrong in using LateX?

Thank you.

6. Apr 26, 2016 #5

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is no "no slip" condition in inviscid flow. Only the no penetration condition exists.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted