Non uniform circular motion acceleration

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of acceleration in uniform and non-uniform curved motion, and whether the centripetal acceleration will change in the latter case. The speaker suggests googling the Frenet equations, which are used in the more general case, and provides a link for an example in two dimensions. Another speaker clarifies that the centripetal acceleration will increase if the object stays on the same circle of radius ## r ##. The conversation concludes with a thank you.
ahmed emad
In uniform curved motion , I can get the acceleration from the equation :
A = v2/r , but in non uniform the velocity is changing , so will the certipetal acceleration also change ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Google the Frenet equations. Those equations treat the more general case.

It's far from my question. I meant will the centripetal acceleration increase?

ahmed emad said:
It's far from my question. I meant will the centripetal acceleration increase?
If the object stays on the same circle of radius ## r ##, the answer is yes.

Okay , thanks very much.

Likes Charles Link

What is non-uniform circular motion acceleration?

Non-uniform circular motion acceleration refers to the acceleration of an object moving in a circular path at varying speeds. This means that the object is changing its velocity as it moves along the circular path.

How is non-uniform circular motion acceleration different from uniform circular motion acceleration?

Uniform circular motion acceleration occurs when an object moves in a circular path at a constant speed, meaning that its velocity does not change. Non-uniform circular motion acceleration occurs when the speed of the object changes along the circular path.

What causes non-uniform circular motion acceleration?

Non-uniform circular motion acceleration is caused by a change in the direction of the object's velocity. This change in direction results in a change in the object's acceleration, even if its speed remains constant.

How is non-uniform circular motion acceleration measured?

Non-uniform circular motion acceleration is measured in meters per second squared (m/s^2), which is the standard unit for acceleration. This measurement can be calculated using the change in velocity and the time it takes for the change to occur.

What are some real-life examples of non-uniform circular motion acceleration?

Some examples of non-uniform circular motion acceleration include a car turning a corner, a rollercoaster going around a loop, and a planet orbiting around the sun. These objects are all moving in circular paths at varying speeds, resulting in non-uniform circular motion acceleration.