1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics Request

1. Apr 8, 2015 #1
    I've started using LaTeX to take notes on Donald Fitts' Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics. After I finish, I intend to use other resources to add more to it. Fitts' book focuses on classical fluid nonequilibrium thermodynamics (i.e. doesn't use statistical mechanics but instead uses continuum methods and additional postulates such as assumption of local equilibrium, fluxes are linear, homogeneous functions of forces, and the Onsager's reciprocal relation).

To give you an idea of what Fitts contains I'll list the chapters: The System, The Hydrodynamic Equations, The Assumption of Local Equilibrium, The Phenomenological Relations, The Transport Equation, The Transport of Heat, Electrochemical Systems, Diffusion in Isothermal Systems, Thermal Diffusion, Sedimentation and Centrifugation, Chemical Reactions.

Essentially I want to find another book that could be used as another source and/or one that focuses on the solid side of it so I can add that to the notes.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2015 #2
  4. Apr 10, 2015 #3

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted