Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Not all smileys displayed with IE8 under Vista?

1. Mar 24, 2010 #1

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I recently upgraded my home laptop to IE8 (I'm running Vista). After the "upgrade", among many other issues, I now only see about the first third of the smiley pull-down menu in PF reply window. I'm not able to scroll down to any others.

Do other userss see all the smileys with IE8? My favorites are hiding now, limiting my PF experience pretty significantly. :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2010 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What? You haven't memorized the BB code for all of them yet? :biggrin:

4. Mar 24, 2010 #3

berkeman

Okay, that will be my Plan B. I can memorize them at work where I have been careful not to upgrade IE7-->8. What a PITA. Oops, infractionating myself now...

5. Mar 24, 2010 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I have the same problem with IE8 on Windows 7.

But I didn't think it was worth whining about. :biggrin:

6. Mar 24, 2010 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  7. Mar 24, 2010 #6
    Thanks OP Berkeman for bringing this to my attention. I've been wondering why my smilies disappear. And thank you too, Lisa. I needed that link for the "Standard Smilies." It's a hit or miss when I post here on Physics Forums. I never have gotten all those smilies at one time. I have only nine right now instead of the whole lot of 26.

What I have noticed is if I use a smilie (my favorite which isn't showing now, but I will use your link Lisa to show it (:smile: ) more than twice a day on a given day, the next time I log on on another day it isn't available. It's like there's a rotation in sequence or maybe somebody didn't want me to smile on a certain topic! :devil: (Just kidding) Also, I don't have Vista.

8. Mar 24, 2010 #7
    Firefox, opera, or chrome which works fine with smileys.

9. Mar 24, 2010 #8
    I have an "IT" friend. I don't have a problem with my computer. :smile: See that smile it showed up finally. I'm loving it. :smile:

Thank you you know who. :smile:

10. Mar 25, 2010 #9

berkeman

11. Mar 25, 2010 #10
    Firefox forewah !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook