Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Number of the beast, the book

Tags:
  1. Jul 25, 2016 #1
    was just wondering if anyone has read the number of the beast by Robert A. Heinlein and if you have what are your thoughts on the "continua" which is the device they put into Gay Deceiver the air car of sorts and how it works with dimensions; the three spatial dimensions known to the real world, and three time dimensions its a very good book and it makes you think what if
    lol but any good sci-fi book should do that

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2016 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Wow! You have a cave-in in your attic and came across a dusty box of paperbacks of something? :wink:

Read it a long time ago.

Had a lot of difficulty with Heinlein's style.

I just thought his explanation was a cute plot vehicle.

4. Jul 26, 2016 #3
    lol no i just love really good sci-fi and what could happen if we start to think outside the box in this case way outside the box hehe the concept is something that i have been mulling over for a while now that all dimensions are 90 degrees apart from each other and that time is not a just a line without width or height if you were to look at it separate from space itself

5. Aug 8, 2016 #4
    Ah, the swapped parallax scene for Stranger In A Strange Land.

6. Aug 9, 2016 #5
    yes even throw valentine michael smith could do it with his mind in number of the beast that had a machine that i guess twisted space and time for them

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted