Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Numerically find Zeros in Complex functions

1. Nov 13, 2009 #1
    I have this non-trivial complex function based on.

[tex]f(E)=\sum_{2,\omega}\frac{h(1,2,\omega)}{E-E_{2}-\hbar\omega+i\delta}[/tex]

So is a sum of this denominator that rises many poles and zeros.
    I want to find all the zeros (computationally, analitically, I don't mind) a in a fairly efficient way (that must be done like thousands times, so I cant make a night for one iteration)

If you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2009 #2
    No-one?
    You can give me also some references or generic advices, you don't know or don't have time to give the answer...

4. Nov 19, 2009 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Obviously the zeros of this function depend strongly on the zeros of [itex]h(1,2,\omega)[/itex] and you have given no information about that function.

5. Nov 19, 2009 #4
    [itex]h(1,2,\omega)[/itex] is not a function but are matrix elements of the discreet parameters 1,2 (particles) and omega (phonons).
    Really I think is not the issue here, there is always ten (usually many more) of nonzero [itex]h(1,2,\omega)[/itex] in wich the problem remains open. I cannot hope that h is trivially zero almost everywhere and comes to save the day! ;)

I'm sorry for haven't been clear

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook