Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OFF-TOPIC: Know of Any Good Home Repair Forums?

1. Apr 14, 2015 #1
    I'm looking for a forum(s) for people who have home maintenance issues. Does anyone here frequent any that they find useful and reputable?

Would greatly appreciate the recommendation.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2015 #2
    I don't, but nearly any specific job you might want to tackle is probably covered by a youtube video. Among other things, I've watched youtubes about plumbing and cleaning the coils of a refrigerator. Sometimes the trick is to search for the right combinations of terms.

4. Apr 14, 2015 #3
    There are plenty if you Google :smile:

Lots of handy people here too.

5. Apr 14, 2015 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Whatcha' want to fix? :smile:

6. Apr 17, 2015 #5

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Train your search engine

search on machine type and symptom
    You'll encounter a lot of chaff, just useless sites trying to collect hits (my pet peeve is ehow)

but most appliance models have been worked on by somebody with common sense who put his experience on youtube.
    That's how i found what was the cryptic computer code that meant Fair Anne's 'Star Wars' washing machine wasn't draining, and where Maytag hid the drain strainer...

and there's lots of talent here .

see also edn "Sherlock Ohms"

7. Apr 18, 2015 #6
  8. Apr 19, 2015 #7

strangerep

Science Advisor

Yes: this one.

Specific product information may need modification, depending on your location on Earth. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook