OFF-TOPIC: Know of Any Good Home Repair Forums?

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
I'm looking for a forum(s) for people who have home maintenance issues. Does anyone here frequent any that they find useful and reputable?

Would greatly appreciate the recommendation.

Answers and Replies

I don't, but nearly any specific job you might want to tackle is probably covered by a youtube video. Among other things, I've watched youtubes about plumbing and cleaning the coils of a refrigerator. Sometimes the trick is to search for the right combinations of terms.

berkeman
Mentor
I'm looking for a forum(s) for people who have home maintenance issues. Does anyone here frequent any that they find useful and reputable?

Would greatly appreciate the recommendation.
Whatcha' want to fix? :smile:

jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Dearly Missed
Train your search engine

search on machine type and symptom
You'll encounter a lot of chaff, just useless sites trying to collect hits (my pet peeve is ehow)

but most appliance models have been worked on by somebody with common sense who put his experience on youtube.
That's how i found what was the cryptic computer code that meant Fair Anne's 'Star Wars' washing machine wasn't draining, and where Maytag hid the drain strainer...

and there's lots of talent here .

see also edn "Sherlock Ohms"

Likes Silicon Waffle
strangerep
Science Advisor
Yes: this one.

Specific product information may need modification, depending on your location on Earth. :biggrin: