OFF-TOPIC: Know of Any Good Home Repair Forums?

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, if you are looking for a forum on home maintenance, this one is a good place to start. There are many forums specific to different trades, so be sure to do a Google search to find the one that will suit your needs.
kyphysics
I'm looking for a forum(s) for people who have home maintenance issues. Does anyone here frequent any that they find useful and reputable?

Would greatly appreciate the recommendation.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't, but nearly any specific job you might want to tackle is probably covered by a youtube video. Among other things, I've watched youtubes about plumbing and cleaning the coils of a refrigerator. Sometimes the trick is to search for the right combinations of terms.

There are plenty if you Google :smile:

Lots of handy people here too.

kyphysics said:
I'm looking for a forum(s) for people who have home maintenance issues. Does anyone here frequent any that they find useful and reputable?

Would greatly appreciate the recommendation.

Whatcha' want to fix? :smile:

Train your search engine

search on machine type and symptom
You'll encounter a lot of chaff, just useless sites trying to collect hits (my pet peeve is ehow)

but most appliance models have been worked on by somebody with common sense who put his experience on youtube.
That's how i found what was the cryptic computer code that meant Fair Anne's 'Star Wars' washing machine wasn't draining, and where Maytag hid the drain strainer...

and there's lots of talent here .

see also edn "Sherlock Ohms"

Likes Silicon Waffle
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/alt.home.repair

Do a Google web search "home repair forums".

There are specific forums for different trades, painting and tile work ect.

Do a Google web search "(the trade you have a question for) forums", example do a Google search for "paint forums" to find for example,

http://www.painttalk.com

Likes Silicon Waffle
kyphysics said:
Yes: this one.

Specific product information may need modification, depending on your location on Earth. :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of a home repair forum?

A home repair forum is a place where individuals can discuss and seek advice on home repair and maintenance topics. It is a platform for sharing knowledge, experiences, and tips related to fixing and improving homes.

2. How can I find a good home repair forum?

One way to find a good home repair forum is by conducting an online search for "home repair forum" or "DIY home repair forum". You can also ask for recommendations from friends, family, or local hardware stores. Additionally, many social media groups and community forums also have sections dedicated to home repair discussions.

3. Are home repair forums reliable sources of information?

Like any online platform, the reliability of information on home repair forums can vary. It is always best to verify any information you find on a forum with multiple sources. It is also helpful to look for forums with active and knowledgeable members who can provide valuable insights and advice.

4. Can I ask for specific advice on a home repair forum?

Yes, most home repair forums allow users to ask for specific advice on their home repair projects. However, it is essential to provide as much detail as possible about the issue and include any relevant photos for a more accurate response.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in a home repair forum?

Most home repair forums have rules and guidelines that users need to adhere to, such as being respectful to others, avoiding spamming, and following the forum's specific topic. It is essential to review and follow these guidelines to ensure a positive and helpful experience for all users.