What are the Best Take-Home Physics Lab Kits for Non-Scientists?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Taulant Sholla
Messages
96
Reaction score
5
Any recommendations for a take-home physics lab kit? It's for a intro algebra-based physics course for non-scientists/non-engineers.

There seem to be a few companies out there selling these kits, and I'm looking for feedback.

They don't need to be super-fancy, but they need to be better than nothing, i.e., better than cobbling together experiments using stuff you find in the kitchen, basement or garage (I'm not disparaging this latter approach, but it does have limitations for the average student).
-Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the DIYers can give you the best answers. It is not a kit made at home but a kit to be used at home, we understand that.

If we don't get good answers here, I'll move it again.
 
Taulant Sholla said:
Any recommendations for a take-home physics lab kit? It's for a intro algebra-based physics course for non-scientists/non-engineers.

There seem to be a few companies out there selling these kits, and I'm looking for feedback.

They don't need to be super-fancy, but they need to be better than nothing, i.e., better than cobbling together experiments using stuff you find in the kitchen, basement or garage (I'm not disparaging this latter approach, but it does have limitations for the average student).
-Thank you!
Can you post the syllabus of the lab experiments that the students do when they are attending the normal classes and labs? That will help us figure out ways that you can do home-versions of those experiments. Thanks.