Official global warming PF Earth forum poll

In summary: This is a poll. Is there only a very small minority of educated people that are AGW skeptics? Global warming skeptics? I think most of us here are aquainted with the subject's aire de academia, but, please vote only if you know more than what was served to you on a silver platter, i.e. the mass media (magazines, editorials, blogs, newspapers, television news, internet news, radio, gossip and rumors, etc..)In summary, most of the people here are familiar with the subject of AGW, but there is a lack of quality data to back up any claims made about it.

Poll concerning what you think of the global warming. Check all that apply.

• I am a "global warmer" who sides with AGW

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I am a "global warmer" who sides with non-anthropogenic global warming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am skeptical of AGW

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I am skeptical of a global warming occurring right now

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • There is controversy concerning global warming

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • There is little or no controversy concerning global warming

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Information regarding the subject is often incorrectly regarded as fact in the media

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Information regarding the subject is usually correctly regarded as fact in the media

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actions must be taken to fight the menace, whether anthropogenic or natural

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • We should not take action, either because actions are futile, or there is nothing to fight.

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Mk
Ok guys, this is the poll. Is there only a very small minority of educated people that are AGW skeptics? Global warming skeptics? I think most of us here are aquainted with the subject's aire de academia, but, please vote only if you know more than what was served to you on a silver platter, i.e. the mass media (magazines, editorials, blogs, newspapers, television news, internet news, radio, gossip and rumors, etc..)

Last edited:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
You omitted "insufficient data to say anything."

I only get 10 options, I can't fit everything it. That is under skeptical, no?

Conditionally --- I know the quantity and quality of the data --- I can state minimum quantity and quality necessary for constructing hypotheses about climate --- I can compare the minimum quality and quality to that extant --- (no skepticism so far) --- do I have doubts about the qualifications and motives of the people constructing the "Rube Goldberg" cause and effect mechanisms? To some extent. Can I accept n-fold "if" statements as "science?" No --- science proceeds through tests of a single "if" at a time.

Fair 'nuff?

That is like:

If I'm driving too fast and
If the brakes are worn down a bit and
if there is a sharp turn ahead and
if there is a abyss next to the road and
if the guard rail is too weak then
I'm in big trouble
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif

There is a real problem with the temperature data. Averaging the high and low numbers in an irregularly distributed series of numbers does not produce a mathematically reliable result. The high or low number on a specific day may represent the temperature for a few minutes or for a few hours.

If average temperatures are going to be used the readings must be taken at specific intervals during each day.

There is controversy concerning global warming

check

Information regarding the subject is often incorrectly regarded as fact in the media

check

1. What is the purpose of the "Official global warming PF Earth forum poll"?

The purpose of the poll is to gather data and opinions from members of the PF Earth forum on their beliefs and attitudes towards global warming.

2. Who can participate in the poll?

Any member of the PF Earth forum can participate in the poll by answering the survey questions and submitting their responses.

3. What kind of questions are included in the poll?

The poll includes a variety of questions related to global warming, including beliefs about its causes, potential solutions, and personal actions individuals can take to combat it.

4. Will the results of the poll be used for scientific research?

The results of the poll may be used for scientific research, as they provide valuable insights into the opinions and attitudes of forum members towards global warming.

5. How will the results of the poll be shared?

The results of the poll will be shared on the PF Earth forum and may also be published in scientific journals or presented at conferences.

Back