Oil Prices in 2009: Will They Rise or Fall?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Wellesley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fall Oil Rise
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Wellesley
Messages
274
Reaction score
3
Will oil prices rise in 2009? Or will the economy keep the prices down for a while?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
From everything that I've heard from pundits and "experts", based on simple supply and demand, we should be between $70 and $90 a barrel.

If the speculators come back, if we have a crisis, if we have a storm or an accident... Many people, including Boone Pickens, say that $200 oil is just a heartbeat away.
 
Gad, who knows. Every time I try to predict future oil prices, I end up looking like a fool!