Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

One-to-one coupling of glacial climate variability in Greenland and Antarctica

1. Nov 10, 2006 #1
    Here is the abstract.

And here is a related article.

With the arctic ice melting, should we expect a weakening of the warm northerly flow?

Since we are in the midst of a giant atmospheric experiment, with the only currently habitable planet that we have, I wonder how much understanding the past shifts will help in our understanding of the current climate shift?

The cores suggest that the climate shifts were local, not global like we are seeing today.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2006 #2
    I said:

Just happens that an excellent demonstation of that is ongoing here, so far.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  4. Nov 10, 2006 #3
    So I thought I was quoting myself in a new message, but I actually edited the message and destroyed a few minutes work that way.

However if you follow that previous link to "here", the contents of that message was about the same, albeit that here in PF, I toyed a bit with Poppers philosophy about one single fact can falsify a theory, while none can prove it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?