Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online E&M lectures (at the level of Griffiths)?

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any online lectures on E&M at the level of Griffith's "Introduction to Electrodynamics"? Either video or audio would be fine... I'm plowing through this book on my own, and could use a little assistance.
    (I know about the lectures for 18.02 at MIT OCW, but I'm looking for something more at the level of 18.07...)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know where there are any lecture notes, but I do have a link to this very nice e-book. It's free, and there is also a solution manual as well as old final exams (also with solutions).

http://www.plasma.uu.se/CED/Book/

4. Nov 16, 2005 #3
    Thanks. I'm not sure that "at roughly the same level as the well-known textbook by Jackson" isn't a bit more than I'm ready for, but I'm sure that some of the exercises (and solutions) will come in handy!

5. Nov 16, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, sorry, it's all I've got.

Undoubtedly there will be some overlap. I would expect that the easier problems in this book might look like the mid-to-upper level difficulty problems in Griffiths. And those are the ones you will need help with anyway!

Good luck,

TM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?