Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online E&M lectures (at the level of Griffiths)?

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any online lectures on E&M at the level of Griffith's "Introduction to Electrodynamics"? Either video or audio would be fine... I'm plowing through this book on my own, and could use a little assistance.
    (I know about the lectures for 18.02 at MIT OCW, but I'm looking for something more at the level of 18.07...)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know where there are any lecture notes, but I do have a link to this very nice e-book. It's free, and there is also a solution manual as well as old final exams (also with solutions).

http://www.plasma.uu.se/CED/Book/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Nov 16, 2005 #3
    Thanks. I'm not sure that "at roughly the same level as the well-known textbook by Jackson" isn't a bit more than I'm ready for, but I'm sure that some of the exercises (and solutions) will come in handy!

5. Nov 16, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, sorry, it's all I've got.

Undoubtedly there will be some overlap. I would expect that the easier problems in this book might look like the mid-to-upper level difficulty problems in Griffiths. And those are the ones you will need help with anyway!

Good luck,

TM

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook