Online versus traditional engineering classes

In summary, online engineering classes are conducted entirely over the internet, while traditional engineering classes are held in a physical classroom setting. They are just as rigorous as traditional classes, but have more flexibility in terms of scheduling and location. Students can interact with their professors and classmates through discussion forums and other means, but the level of interaction may vary. The technical background needed for online classes depends on the specific program, and they may be more affordable in terms of tuition but may have additional fees.
wired nuts
I am only able to take nine hrs of traditional classroom setting a semester how much more difficult are online classes in this field as opposed to traditional

Physics news on Phys.org
they might be slightly easier depending on your ability to motivate yourself. I would take as many lab classes on campus as possible. I learned at least as much bashing my head against the wall in lab than I did doing homework and studying for tests.

Cool thanks for the input

What is the difference between online and traditional engineering classes?

Online engineering classes are conducted entirely over the internet, while traditional engineering classes are held in a physical classroom setting. Online classes may also have more flexibility in terms of scheduling and location, as students can access course materials and lectures from anywhere with an internet connection.

Are online engineering classes as rigorous as traditional classes?

Yes, online engineering classes are just as rigorous as traditional classes. The curriculum and course materials are often the same, and students are expected to meet the same learning outcomes. The main difference is the mode of delivery, as online classes may require students to be more self-motivated and organized in managing their time and completing assignments.

Can I interact with my professor and classmates in online engineering classes?

Yes, online engineering classes often have discussion forums, virtual office hours, and other means of communication for students to interact with their professors and classmates. However, the level of interaction may vary depending on the specific online class and platform used.

Do I need to have a strong technical background to take online engineering classes?

It depends on the specific online engineering class and program. Some online classes may require a basic understanding of technical concepts, while others may provide more introductory material. It is important to research the course requirements and prerequisites before enrolling.

Are online engineering classes more affordable than traditional classes?

Online engineering classes may be more affordable in terms of tuition, as there may be no additional costs for campus facilities and resources. However, there may be other fees associated with online classes, such as technology and platform fees. It is important to compare the total cost of attendance for both options before making a decision.