1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

open source code that hysys was built on

1. Jan 12, 2017 #1
    Does anyone know what the open source code is called that hysys was built on so I can file a freedom of information act paper work. I would also like to do this for NEC-2 for antenna radiation modeling.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2017 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. Jan 12, 2017 #3
    I am hoping to find the raw software code so that a new copy could be built up with out all the outrageously expensive and onerous licencing restrictions. Hysys is so expensive that basicly only the big boys can afford it. As a professional chemical engineer I feel it is my duty to have my own personal tool kit that is not hinged to maintaining software that is so expensive it will set me back in retirement.

Although lawarance Livermore labs will sell NEC-4 for like $300 so I should probably just buy it so long as I can access the source code for educational purposes.

Hysys is the real wild card though. Thank you for looking at my post though, hopefully this is of some interest to others as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted