I loathed Marion and Thornton with a passion. I remember I found Lanczos at the library and I sought refuge in it from Marion and Thornton. It wasn't quite the antidote to Marion and Thornton that I had hoped it would be from reading the introduction, but it did help. I was looking for more intuition and motivation and that seemed to be what Lanczos offered. And there was some, but not quite what I demanded.
I haven't read Goldstine, but from what I've heard, it actually sounds pretty good.
Arnold's book is one of my favorites, but I found that the later chapters of the book were the most insightful. The first chapter is really good because he motivates Newton's laws instead of just pulling them out of a hat, as the usual approach goes. But in the next few chapters, I think it's too close to the standard unenlightening approach, although there are definitely some nice highlights. You don't see how to think of the subject in a nice conceptual way until you get to the later chapters. So, it could be a good idea to skip ahead.
Baez has some good notes on CM:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/classical/
There might be some hefty prerequisites to follow the whole thing, but I think you could understand a lot of it. It was written after I took classical mechanics, otherwise, I think it would have been the answer to many, but not all of my prayers. Certainly more of my prayers than Lanczos. Some of my prayers, I found I just had to answer myself.
There's also a nice overview in Penrose's Road to Reality.