1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Order of courses for self-learning?

1. Mar 3, 2015 #1
    Hi there!

My name is Andrew, and I am currently a high school junior. I aspire pursue a doctorate degree in Theoretical Physics, specializing in Quantum Physics for thesis, and hopefully becoming a researcher in the field.

My small dilemma is that schools become awfully tiresome, and the curriculum my school has set up doesn't teach me as much as I want to truly know, so I've taken up self-learning on the side. I really want to start learning more as soon as possible, because I've truly grown a very deep devotions for the subject.

Would you happen to know the order in which classes are taught in college — or better yet, the order in which a dedicated individual should learn the subjects (Mechanics, then Electrodynamics, Optics, etc.)?

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2015 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Tip: college web sites often list recommended course sequences for physics (and other) majors. Detailed course listings usually show the pre-requisites for each course.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook