Orientation of Image Produced by Double Convex Lens

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
LNH
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
This is not really a problem, more just a fact-based question. I have been using the Google, but I have been unable to find an answer. Is there a way to induce the answer that I am missing? :confused:

Question: What range of distance does a double convex lens have to be from an object to produce an image that is horizontally flipped?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hiya, I think I might be able to help, basically you need to have the object be at a distance far enough so that you can effectively approximate that all the ray's coming from the object are parrallel, as if not you get a weird mixture of a flipped image and a right side up image superimposed (which means you won't see the actuall image at all but a weird blur). This ofc depends on the object's size as well, a really small object does not have to be as far away as a really large object. Hope this helps.